DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
To develop competent electrical engineers with entrepreneur skills to address the needs and challenges of industry and society for sustainable development.
- To enhance academic infrastructure to create quality professionals through advanced technology
- To impart technical education for developing competent Electrical Engineers having social and ethical values.
- To impart best industrial practices through industry -institution interaction for entrepreneur experience.
Welcome to the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering at Sree Narayana Polytechnic College, Kottiyam. We started our journey in the year of 1957 which offered a diploma program in Electrical Engineering. Later the program was renamed as Diploma in Electrical& Electronics Engineering in 2000. Over the last 6 decades, we have grown our expertise and competence in electrical & Electronics Engineering education. The sanctioned intake of students in this branch is 60 per year.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering is the branch of engineering concerned with the practical applications of electricity in all its forms, including those of the fields of electronics. A diploma holder in Electrical & Electronics Engineering has a wide range of opportunities to work in the fields of power systems, power electronics, control systems etc. in the government sector as well as the private sector. This makes Electrical & Electronics Engineering one of the most sought-after branches of engineering discipline.
The department places great importance in arranging lectures of experts from the industry to provide technical knowledge to students outside of the syllabus. The department also encourages and supports students to participate in various technical competitions, hackathons etc. organized by different institutions.
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has made its name in consistently producing students who excel in academics. The majority of the eligible students of our department are placed in various reputed companies. Many of our students secure admission in institutes of excellence like Government Engineering Colleges in the state through the Lateral Entry Scheme.
Please browse the website further to know about the facilities available, activities performed and the achievements of the students in our department.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Demonstrate the Electrical Engineering practical practices to analyse and solve problems in global standard industries.
- Establish a team on multidisciplinary projects and exhibit leadership qualities.
- Solve technical issues for the welfare of society by crafting creative and critical reasoning skills.
Program specific outcomes
- To apply technical competencies in electrical engineering for a successful career.
- To pursue research-oriented higher education and training for professional and personal growth.